Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tweaking Lyris

How much of my breathing problems tie to the shadow on my lungs, how many relate to what I've done to my body?

The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell me. Don't go back to sleep.

I recite that first thing every morning. Hold onto it throughout the day. Be awake in each moment to what I'm doing, make sensible decisions within each moment that will benefit my long-term well being, get as fit as possible within each circumstance. Don't go back to sleep.

How better to sum up my current sense of myself, of my place within the structure of everything, than to tweak Miss Lyris' advice to my ANC freshman self ~ If I put as much time & effort into taking care of myself as I spend on others, I truly truly truly will go far.

I am Deev, and I've been saving all my best lines
for my 3rd act, for this moment forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment