Monday, October 17, 2011

take no thought for the morrow

what's in my heart to do? if i know it, then i'm already graced with an incredible gift, because so very few people seem to have a clue. if i know it, then i'm honor-bound to pursue it, without flinching at what tomorrow might bring, instead focusing on what i can do in THIS moment to make it so.

i'm doubly, triply, calculate to infinity blessed because of having already experienced what it feels like to reach a goal that so many thought beyond hope. it took 35 years of quiet belief that it was possible. seems long, but i look back at it as simply taking as long as it took.

for decades & decades, i thought that my goal was better relationship with my birth family. not a good one, just better. and i got to experience that. remarkable!

what amazes me over & over are all the unimaginable blessings that open up from pursuing a goodly goal. it never ever dawned on me that my psyche would hit a reset button, as it has over these past two weeks. it feels - really & truly - like my innermost being has returned to where it was in my earliest days. and i do mean earliest! so cool, so unexpected. so waiting to be expanded into new goals. goals that will take as long as they take, taking no thought for the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment