Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nunc Licet

My part of our art show is entitled, Thinking outside of the... That was the right thing to dub it at the time;  now, I'd call it Nunc Licet - now it is permitted.  

Our art show - Serendipity - is a visible expression of the joint & separate journeys John & I have been on over our lives.  It visualizes in ways I didn't imagine our very relationship - different styles, different perspectives, different everything, but at the same time together, each made not complete by the other but more, more adept at expressing our deepest loves & interests.


Now it is permitted - it thrills me, thinking about gathering in one art space everything that will be there, including the fabulously unique wedding dress that Brenda drew forth from a hand-embroidered, banquet-length table cloth and examples (incorporated into my own pieces) of Mim's wonderful drawings.  The two of us, but extending beyond to family  & friends.  And welcoming everyone to be part of our experience.  Sort of my own little DisneyWorld, if you know what I mean.  (If you don't, I can't explain it.)


Now it is permitted...  Always remembering that while it's now permitted, the ONLY one who can do, can make it so, is me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment