Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stating the Obvious

It felt like Anna was taken aback by my response to a comment she made at our life coaching session, an almost throw-away description of one of my sibs. Maybe it showed on my face that with that one word, a key was turned in a long-sought, always just-out-of-sight lock on my awareness, letting out with an beyond measure WHOOOOOOSE!! of understanding/insight/compassion, the ultimate AH HA! moment of my life, to date.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

She repeated it.

"Where did you get that? How did you know?"

To Anna, she was stating what she thought was just restating the obvious & looked seriously startled and seemed taken totally off guard by my questions ~ "It's what you described."

And it was - but I hadn't realized it. >I'd< described it, without grasping what I'd described.

Oh, the wonders of a life coach - someone to hear what a person says & say it back, giving the words entire new power..


No comments:

Post a Comment