Sunday, June 26, 2011

hip v. hapless

it was so very cool to hang out at the general church assembly, getting remarkably fresh insights & liberating longtime limits, all without attending a single plenary session or workshop!

made no excuses for choosing to hang back rather than sit in on any assembly activities (wasn't registered, due to several reasons), then amazed as new awareness burbled up, i think because of not artifically fogging the mind with phony reasons for why i side-stepped doing what i didn't want to do. yeah, i hung back; yeah, i was utterly over-the-top in pursuit of people to sign my bright yellow book bag ~ ~ but those two contradictory behaviors have been part of my very warp & woof since FOREVER. run with 'em.

taking anne h. from event to event was NOT me being of service at the expense of my own experience of the assembly, but about helping someone who really cared about attending plenary sessions & workshops to get hither & yon WHILE doing precisely what i really & truly wanted with my time.

certainly NOT what i expected, but certainly my glorious experience. feels fabuloso to be more hip than hapless.

No comments:

Post a Comment