Wednesday, June 22, 2011

leading with my heart

friends with a certified kitchen - needed to bake AND market my crackers - are understandably unwilling to give me access.

would have been a sweet solution, not requiring any $$ outlay on my part. it even seemed good karma, as i rep their bbq sauce at my village market vendor spot. but a very practical response.

am beginning to doubt that i have a practical bone in my body, always leading with the heart instead of my head.

spent a good deal of last night thinking about how rydal park, in spite of being a truly beautiful facility, feels like a warehouse for elders. i know that a lot of the people there want to live that way. but it just seems... off kilter.

so glad that our mothers - mine & john's - lived to the very end in their very own house with their very own neighbors next door, their very own family around them.

it wasn't easy having mom with us, considering our differences in life views & the family baggage she brought with her, but it was as important to me as it was to her.

the only other option - living with mike & kerry, which would have been my preference - would still have kept mom in her very own home (albeit her aussie home) with her very own neighbors next door, her very own family around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment