Saturday, April 23, 2011

visible & valuable

i have issues with feeling visible & valuable. it's not just that i don't, but that FEELING visible and/or valuable simply wasn't on my radar for my first 25 years.

over the decades, feeling a sense of self-worth, of natural connection with others went through incremental stages: from the eureka "ah ha!" moment of realizing having a sense of place, of value (can't have the one without the other) is the the healthy way to feel about yourself & others to misdirected attempts at developing same in myself to slowly awakening to FINALLY having my own "by jove! i think she's got it!" experience.

which is not to say i am always on the forward path. shocking, how easy it is to slide back into devaluing myself, my worth. but the times are fewer & fewer, with greater & greater ease catching myself at it & righting my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment