Monday, November 11, 2013

So Hum ~ Who Am I?

The first day of what I term the ChOprah Center 21-day meditation series, Desire & Destiny.

Surprised by how much I took from it, what with being at the very public Swedenborg Library.  Yet, all surrounding distractions fell away as I followed Deepak's voice into the meditation. 

The same cannot be said of the internal distractions, the monkey chatter that played over & over atop the base note of today's mantra - So hum/Who am I?  Fascinating to feel the duck & weave of sounds & images that overlay the mantra.  My moment-to-moment reality is that whifty stuff continually competes just that way, diverting attention & focus & energies. 

But my deeper mind DID keep drawing my attention & focus & energies back to the mantra, back to be who I am, whatever that may turn out to be. 

My first dabble at meditation went far better than I expected.   So hum - What am I?


You are what your deepest desire is; as is your desire, so is your intention;  as is your intention, so is your will;  as is your will, so is your deed;  as is your deed, so is your destiny.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment