Friday, June 14, 2013

Renew, Refresh, Revitalize

YAY! for the folks in my hometown for looking around & realizing, "Yikes!  Where's our community??"  And three cheers for the Appreciative Inquiry process, a way to start looking at the dynamics we cherish & new ones that could be introduced; it helps open the way for so many initiatives to come tumbling into our consciousness & be expressed into life.  

Personally, I lack the patience necessary for a process like Appreciative Inquiry.  Give me a ball & let me run with it, show me a need & let me start filling it.  Different strokes for different folks - together, they form a picture, a collage of community-oriented activities directed at helping keep my little hometown a strong community.  

Mom liked to quote Bruce Glenn, speaking of our faith - "The first generation had inspiration. The second generation had loyalty.  What will our (meaning his & Mom's) generation be remembered for?"

Dean Glenn's comment gets me wondering about today's conglomerate of generations of Bryn Athynites.  What will we be remembered for, when it comes to nurturing our community?  

Sensing all the focused energies currently considering Who are we?,  What do we want to express?,  How do we want to be experienced?, perhaps it will be "renewed, refreshed, revitalized."  

No comments:

Post a Comment