Thursday, April 25, 2013

Staggering AH HA!

Duh duh & double duh!!  

Just hit me - when we had our counseling session, Peter said our family life was so toxic, he & Mike & Mim left home as soon as they graduated from high school.  

Did I visibly stagger backwards, realizing the truth of what he said?  Felt like it.  

Our family life was toxic.  Intensely so.  I felt it.  Still do.  

For me, Peter was one of the primary toxins!

My guess is that Peter & Mim & Kerry experience me as the primary toxin.  It's a good bet that Whitney & Reynolds, maybe even Scott experienced me as the primary toxin.

Our family was spectacularly toxic.  And we all had a part in it.  What's perhaps most interesting is that I haven't a clue how I could have been anything but toxic to them.  And vice versa.  Not personal, just utter opposites.  

Illuminating....

No comments:

Post a Comment